Cardiology & Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Despite great improvement in cardiac care, cardiovascular disease is still the leading cause of death and disability worldwide. The spectrum of cardiac diseases includes congenital heart diseases in which there are structural defects in the heart right from birth, coronary artery disease leading to angina and heart attack, heart failure, disorders of heart rate and rhythm and peripheral arterial diseases.
Due to the rapid lifestyle changes, the burden of cardiac diseases is on the rise. Compared to the west, coronary artery disease affects younger patient population in India and hence adds to the socioeconomic burden, leading to significant loss of livelihood. It is estimated that 70% of heart attacks are preventable, stressing the importance of preventive cardiology.
At Sparsh Institute of Cardiac sciences, we provide the entire range of diagnostic services and treatments for cardiac diseases. Our cardiac services incorporate highly qualified and experienced specialists, working in an integrated approach to deliver the best possible care for the patient.
Echolab – Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiograms
- Paediatric and neonatal Echo
- Dobutamine Stress Echo (DSE)
Tread Mill Test
- Coronary care unit – Fully equipped CCU with 10 beds, with highly trained staff capable of taking care of all cardiac emergencies.
Flat detector digital cathlab – For percutaneous coronary & structural heart disease interventions
Preventive cardiology focuses on the identification and management of risk factors for coronary artery diseases.
- Health checks, life style counselling, dietitian services
- Comprehensive lipid management.
- Weight management
- 2D-Echocardiography, transesophageal echo, paediatric and neonatal echo
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography
- Tread mill test
- Holter monitoring
- Amulatory BP monitoring invasive tests
- Coronary, peripheral, renal and 4-vessel cerebral angiography and digital subtraction angiography
- Right and left heart catheterisation
- Simple and complex coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Renal artery stenting
- Carotid artery stenting
- Peripheral artery angioplasty and stenting
- Valvular interventions – BMV, BAV, PBV.
- Paediatric interventions – ASD, VSD and PDA device closures
- Pacemaker and device Implantation – PPI, CRT, ICD implantation
- Diagnostic EP study
- Radiofrequency ablation therapy for arrhythmias
Heart failure management
Comprehensive cardiac rehab programme
Dr. Chiran Babu A
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
Consultant Cardiac and Vascular Surgeon Dr. Chiran Babu has completed his medical sc...
Dr. Rajesh T R
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (General Surgery)
Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon Dr. Rajesh T R is a Consultant Cardio...
Dr. Satish. L
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Satish. L is a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist in SPARSH Super speciality hospital....