Neurology / Neuro Surgery
The department of neurology and neurosurgery is one of the major departments to support the trauma centre. The department also focuses towards both paediatric and adult neurological disorders e.g. alzheimer's disease, ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), autism, cerebral palsy, Asperger's syndrome etc. The neurosurgery team is proud to have outstanding results in brachial plexus injury, brain/ spine injury, multiple sclerosis, parkinson's disease, tumour etc.
The department comprises of highly qualified & acclaimed neurosurgeons trained in both India & overseas. Our surgeons are one of the busiest in the city in the state of Karnataka. State of the art equipment like microscope (Leica) / micro surgical instruments, coagulation devices, advanced neuro-surgical drills & saw (Medtronic's)/ specialised neuro anaesthetic & neuro-surgical nursing team with physiotherapists & dietitians.
- Cerebrovascular Diseases and Critical Care
- Child and Adolescent Neurology
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuro-infectious Disease
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Peripheral Nerve
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Neurotrauma and head injury
- Round-the-clock neurosurgical services for traumatic brain injury
- Complex modern monitoring systems for intracranial pressure
- Facilities for prompt and effective surgery
- Congentital, Degenerative and Traumatic spinal disorders
- Minimal access spine surgery - Percutaneous screw placements, Key hole surgery
- Prolapsed cervical and lumbar disc disease, Spondylolisthesis
- Spine fractures, spinal fusions
- Craniovertebral junction disorders
Endoscopic and Minimally invasive Neurosurgery
- Transnasal, transsphenoidal pituitary surgery
- CSF Rhinorrhea and leaks
- Skull base surgery including Anterior cranial fossa surgery
- Minimally invasive evacuation of intraparenchymal hematomas
- Intra ventricular surgeries such as third ventriculostomy and colloid cyst excision
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's disease, dystonia and other movement disorders
- Stereotactic Surgery
- Surgery for chronic pain and spasticity by spinal cord stimulation and intrathecal pumps
- Surgery for intractable epilepsy and mesial temporal sclerosis
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
Dr. Shivakumar S Kupanur
MBBS, DNB (Neurosurgery)
Consultant Neurosurgen & Spine Surgeon & Head of Dept. Neurosurgery Dr Shiva...
Dr.Abhinandan is working as consultant Neuro Surgery in Sparsh Hospitals,he has special intere...
Dr.Vivekananda M obtained his Neurology training(Dm Neurology) for 3yrs from MS Ramaiah Medica...