Our Biomedical Engineering Department at SPARSH supports the provision of exemplary patient care and enhances the effective use of healthcare technology through engineering, consultation, evaluation, operation and education.
Our Biomedical department combines the expertise of engineering with medical needs for the progress of health care. It is more concerned with biological safety & regulatory issues than any other forms of engineering.
The following are the objectives of the Biomedical Engineering department at SPARSH:
- Evaluation, replacement, service and repair of complex biomedical patient equipment to ensure that equipment is in safe working condition
- To provide necessary support to the Doctors / Nursing Staff / Operators with regard to equipment usage
- Ensure the patient safety and result accuracy by measures like periodic calibration, periodic safety checks, etc
- Provide on the job training and support to equipment users and operators
- Establish and implement technical protocols and management functions pertaining to biomedical equipments.