Dr. Avinash T S
Specialties: Urology, Multi-Organ Transplant Surgery, Organ Transplant
Hospital: Sparsh Yeswanthpur
Address: Sparsh Super Speciality Hospital, 4/1, Tumkur Road, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru 560022
Phone: 080 49108 000Hospital: Sparsh Infantry Road
Address: # 146, Infantry Road (Opp.Police Commissioners Office) Bangalore 560001, India
Phone: 080 3328 2000
Dr. Avinash T S is a Consultant Urologist in SPARSH Superspecialty hospital with specialisation in minimally invasive urology (endourology, laparoscopy) and renal transplant.
He completed basic medical training from JJM Medical College, Davangere, obtained postgraduate degree in General surgery (MS) from Bangalore medical college. He also obtained Dip.NB in General surgery from National board of education, New Delhi. He further completed Urology training at Bombay hospital institute of medical sciences, Mumbai to obtain M.Ch degree. After completing M.Ch, he worked in Grant medical college, Mumbai and Goa medical college, Panaji in various capacities. Further he worked in Lakeshore hospital and PVS Memorial hospital, Kochi to become specialist in laparoscopic urology under the mentorship of renowned laparoscopic urologist Dr George P Abraham. After gaining skills in advanced laparoscopy and renal transplant, he served as a Consultant Urologist in Apollo BGS hospital, Mysore. During his tenure, he started laparoscopic urology service at Apollo BGS hospital and performed many complex urology procedures.
Dr Avinash has expertise in performing various ablative and reconstructive laparoscopic urology procedures like laparoscopic nephrectomy, ureterolithotomy, pyeloplasty, ureteric reimplantation etc. He also has vast experience in performing kidney transplant surgery. Besides laparoscopy he has rich experience in managing various urological problems including kidney stone disease, enlarged prostate, urological cancers, urethral stricture, urological problems in children and women.
Dr Avinash has more than 25 scientific papers in his credit as a primary author and co-author published in various national and international peer reviewed journals. He has presented several papers in various conferences. He is a course instructor for trainees in ‘Key to keyhole’ course- laparoscopic urology training programme conducted at Lakeshore hospital and PVS memorial hospital, Kochi.
- Cadaveric Renal Transplantation: Bombay Hospital Experience – Bombay Hospital Journal,473-476, vol.52, no.4, Oct 2010.
- IVC Tumor Thrombectomy in postnephrectomy patient in RCC’-Bombay Hospital Journal,520-522, vol.52, no.4, Oct 2010.
- Retropubic radical prostatectomy: Clinicopathological observations and outcome analysis of 428 consecutive patients. Indian J Urol 2011;27:337-44.
- Transperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in unusual circumstances- is the outcome comparable to that achieved in familiar pathologies. Urology 2012; 79(5): 1057-62.
- Upper ureteric obstruction secondary to entrapment between twin segments of inferior vena cava- an unusual occurrence. Urology 2012; 79(5): e65-66.
- Laparoscopic total and partial adrenalectomy in different circumstances: single surgeon experience from India. J of endourology and part B videourology, Vol 26, Issue 3,May 14,2012.
- Laparoscopic heminephrectomy and single layer renorhaphy without separate calicorrhaphy. J of endourology and part B videourology, Vol 26 Issue 3, May 14, 2012.
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy in challenging scenarios. J of endourology and part B videourology, Vol 26 Issue 3, May 14, 2012.
- Laparoscopic partial cystectomy in different scenarios: our experience. Accepted for publication Journal of laparoendoscopic surgeons and advanced surgical techniques and part B videoscopy, January 2012.
- Fibrosis induced by Dirofilarea- an unusual cause of pelviureteric obstruction. ANZ Journal surgery, 2012; 82(6): 466-467.
- Laparoscopic total and partial adrenalectomy in different circumstances: single surgeon experience from India. J of endourology and part B videourology, Vol 26, Issue 3, May 14,2012.
- Transperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in infant- points of technique”. Journal of endourology and part B videourology. July 2012.
- Penile Fractures: Tertiary Center Experience and a Review of the Literature.UroToday Int J. 2012 August;5(4).
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy in Different Anatomical Scenarios: Our Experience. Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, Part B, Videoscopy. October 2012.
- Laparoscopic reconstruction for obstructive megaureter: single institution experience with short- and intermediate-term outcomes. J Endourol. 2012 Sep;26(9):1187-91.
- Pure laparoscopic nephroureterectomy for upper ureteric transitional cell carcinoma with endoscopic management of ureteric orifice. Journal of laparoendoscopic surgeons and advanced surgical techniques, october, 2012.
- Laparoscopic reconstructive procedures in duplex moieties- points of technique and outcome. Journal of laparoendoscopic surgeons and advanced surgical techniques, october, 2012.
- Laparoscopic ureteroneocystostomy for iatrogenic ureteral insult- early and delayed repairs. Journal of endourology and part B videourology. Dec, 2012.
- Laparoscopic Reconstruction of Retrocaval Ureter Through Transperitoneal Approach in Different Scenarios.Journal of Endourology Part B, Videourology. April 2013.
- Laparoscopic Dismembered Pyeloplasty through Transmesocolic approach: Point of technique and our experience.Journal of Endourology Part B, Videourology. August 2013.
- Laparoscopic Redo Pyeloplasty: Point of Technique and Our Experience.Journal of Endourology Part B, Videourology. November 2013.
- Laparoscopic excision of giant adrenal ganglioneuroma: A case report. Journal of Minimal Access Surgery | January-March 2014 | Volume 10 | Issue 1. Page 29-31.
- Ex vivo nephron sparing surgery and autotransplantation for renal tumors:Revisited. Can Urol Assoc J 2014;8(9-10):e728-32.
- Laparoscopic Management of Recurrent Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction following Pyeloplasty. Urology Annals. Accepted for publication.
- Laparoscopic reconstruction of ureteral strictures involving solitary renal units-1 year and 5 year outcomes. Journal of Minimal Access Surgery. Accepted for publication.
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidneys in patients with end-stage renal disease on maintenance hemodialysis: 10-year single surgeon experience from an Indian center.Journal of Minimal Access Surgery. Accepted for publication.