Dr. Basant Mahadevappa
Consultant for Liver Transplant and Hepato Pancreo Biliary (HPB) Surgery
Liver Transplant and Hepato Pancreo Biliary (HPB)
Address: Sparsh Super Speciality Hospital, 4/1, Tumkur Road, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru 560022
080 4910 8000
Sparsh Infantry Road
Address: # 146, Infantry Road (Opp.Police Commissioners Office) Bangalore 560001, India
080 3328 2000
080 61 222 000
Specialization: Liver Transplant and Hepato-Pacreao-Biliary Surgery
Dr. Basant Mahadevappa is a Senior Consultant for Liver Transplant and Hepato Pancreato Biliary (HPB) Surgery at SPARSH Hospitals, Bangalore.
Liver Transplantation and Hepato Pancreao Biliary (HPB) Surgery as a speciality of its own is very demanding in terms of skill, infrastructure and delivery.
- Dr. Basant Mahadevappa has practised in the field for over 10 years and comes with great experience. He has worked in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, New York Medical College, New York, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and now based in Bangalore.
- Skill sets: (Robotic, laparoscopic or open based on clinical situation)
- Liver Transplantation (Living and deceased donor)
- Complex vascular reconstructions in transplantation
- ALPPS procedure/ surgery
- Hilar cholangiocarcinomas and complex resections
- Whipple's procedure/ surgery with or without vascular reconstructions
- Surgeries for benign liver and pancreatic conditions (Calculous pancreatic conditions, complications of pancreatitis, hepatic adenomas, hemangiomas etc.,)
- Benign biliary conditions like bile duct stones, choledochal cyst etc.,
- Interventional procedures for liver and biliary system (TACE, Percutaneous biliary drainage etc.,)
He is a Member of Liver Transplantation Society of India, American Society of Transplant Surgeons, International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, American Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, International Liver Transplantation Society, American Transplant Society, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, Association of Surgeons of India