Dr. Chiran Babu A
Specialties: Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery , Organ Transplant , Cardiac Sciences , Cardiac Surgery
Hospital: Sparsh Yeswanthpur
Address: Sparsh Super Speciality Hospital, 4/1, Tumkur Road, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru 560022
080 4910 8000
Phone: 080 61 222 000
Consultant Cardiac and Vascular Surgeon (Cardio-Thoracic)
Dr. Chiran Babu has completed his medical school from JJM Medical College, Davangere and Masters in General Surgery from Mysore Medical College. He then underwent cardiac surgical training from JIPMER, Pondicherry from 2001 to 2004. He cleared the Diplomat of National Board exam, D.N.B(Cardiothoracic surgery)in 2004.He was awarded the Gold medal in DNB, for the year 2004-05.
Soon after passing out, he joined Narayana Hrudayalaya, where he worked for nine years during which he was exposed to the entire gamut Cardiac surgery – OPCAB, Valve repairs and replacements, Surgery of the Aorta and Aortic root, Left Ventricular Aneurysm surgery, Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy, Surgery for Congenital heart diseases like ASD, VSD, COARCTATION OF AORTA, PDA, TETROLOGY OF FALLOT. He has had good amount of exposure to homografts & auotgrafts.
He has had stint in MINNEAPOLIS HEART INSTITUTE, as a Travelling Research Fellow, Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2008. He had been to THE HEART INSTITUTE,HO CHI MIN CITY, VIETNAM for a specialized training programme in MITRAL VALVE REPAIRS in 2009.
He was a key member of the first successful Heart Transplantation in Karnataka.
He setup the programme of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery along with key members, in NARAYANA HRUDAYALAYA in 2008, which is also his key area of interest.
His area of interest, apart from routine surgeries include Mitral Valve Repairs, Surgery for Heart Failure and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery. He is also well adept in setting up of a cardiothoracic unit.
He is a Life member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
He is very passionate about fitness – Running, Cycling, Trekking any other outdoor activity. Reading is his other favourite pastime.
- Severe mitral regurgitation due to left atrial aneurysm corrected by endo atrial patch plasty: journal of heart valve disease-2009; 18; 149 -151
- A right atrial mass detected by intra operative transoesophageal echo: Journal of cardiovascularanaesthesia:2011 ;feb23;2134825
- A simple technique for securing Gore-Tex neochordae height and knot slippage in mitral valve repair: Journal of cardiac surgery;2012;September;27;554-556
- Ventricular Geometry in Post-myocardial Infarction Aneurysms:
- Springer publications 2012; chapter 7-The surgical technique of linear
- Endoventricular patch plasty:73-84