Dr. K V Menon
MS (Orth), M.Ch. (Orth), M.Sc. (Orth. Engg), AO Fellowship, Zurich University Hospital
Specialties: Orthopaedic, Pelvic and Acetabular Surgery, Spine Surgery
Address: Sparsh Super Speciality Hospital, 4/1, Tumkur Road, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru 560022
080 4910 8000
080 61 222 000
Dr. K V Menon is a consultant at Sparsh Hospitals. He completed his graduation and also MS in Orthopaedics from Armed Forces Medical College, the University of Poona in 1986. Further, he pursued MCh in Orthopaedics from the University of Liverpool, UK, in 1992. He has also pursued MSc in Ortho Engineering from University of Cardiff, UK, in 2003. He did his fellowship training at Zurich University Hospital, AO International, Davos, Switzerland in 1993.
Dr. K V Menon has contributed as a Chairman and head of the department (Ortho) at Amrita Institute, and as a Head of Spine services at Khoula Hospital, Muscat, Oman and also as a trustee at AO foundation. Additionally, he has immense teaching experience by working as a clinical professor in Orthopaedics at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, as a Postgraduate teacher in Orthopaedics at Oman Medical Specialties Board and also as an AOSpine Faculty.
His immense contribution to more than 40+ publications in peer-reviewed national and international journals adds on to his credits. Also, he has published a number of noticeable research papers, projects, and books chapters.
Professional and external development activities
- Deputy Editor Global Spine Journal, Reviewer for Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, Oman Medical Journal, Journal of Spine Surgery and Related Research.
- Editorial Board Member “InSpine” 2005-2006.
- “Alf Nachemson Memorial Oration” at the British Scoliosis Society and Nordic Spinal Deformity Society, Riga (2011).
- “Prof. Sudhakar Shetty Memorial Oration” at Orthopedic Association of South Indian States (2009)
- Chairman, AOSpine , India Chapter, 2004-2007.
- Chairman, AOSpine, Asia Pacific from 2007 to 2010.
- AOSpine Technical Commission Member