Dr. Naveen Tahasildar
M.S Orthopedics, Diploma SICOT (Belgium)
Spine / Spine Surgery
Address: #29/P2, The Health City Bommasandra Industrial Area Hosur Road, Bangalore 560099, India
080 4642 8900
AOA Fellow (Melbourne, Australia),
Combined Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Spine Fellowship (Amrita Institute, Kochi)
After completing his MBBS from JNMC (Belgaum), he was selected for orthopedic residency at the prestigious PGIMER University, Chandigarh in a national level entrance examination. He underwent 3 years of rigorous orthopedic training at this busy hospital which caters to almost 5 states as an apex referral center. After completing his orthopedic residency, he worked as a registrar in the same institute for another 2 years. During this period, he developed interest in spine surgery after working in the spine unit for a year and half. He was selected for a Australian Orthopedic Association (AOA) accredited fellowship at Epworth Hospitals, Melbourne where he undertook further training in orthopedic subspecialties. He was awarded the Asian Association of Dynamic Osteosynthesis (AADO) fellowship to work at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong for a month. He was awarded the Diploma SICOT at the SICOT 2011 XXV Triennial Congress, Prague, Czech Republic after a written and oral examination. In pursuit for further training in spine surgery, he undertook a combined neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery fellowship at Amrita Institute, Kochi. The fellowship involved training in both neurosurgical and orthopedic aspects of spine surgery. He gained experience in microsurgical techniques, deformity corrections and spinal tumour surgeries during this period. He was awarded the SICOT Spine fellowship at Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark where he worked for a short term to learn various aspects of minimally invasive spine surgery, revision spine surgery and complex spinal deformity corrections. He was awarded the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) Global Outreach Scholarship award 2013 to attend the prestigious IMAST meeting at Vancouver, Canada. He has a special interest in minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal deformity corrections and spinal tumour surgeries. He has presented papers at several international conferences and published a number of articles in peer reviewed international journals. His publications have been cited 26 times in various international papers published in renowned journals. The paper "Outcome of spinal decompression in cauda equina syndrome presenting late in developing countries- case series of 50 cases. European Spine Journal 2011 Dec; 20(12):2235-9" was recognized as a study of high value in the yearly European spine journal review 2011.
- Dhatt S, Tahasildar N, Tripathy SK, Sharma RB, Dhillon MS. Outcome of spinal decompression in cauda equina syndrome presenting late in developing countries- case series of 50 cases. European Spine Journal 2011 Dec; 20(12):2235-9.
- Tahasildar N, Goni V, Sudesh P, Tripathy SK. Giant osteochondroma of Axis in a child with multiple hereditary exostoses: Case report and review of literature. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2012 May;21(3):280-5
- Tripathy, Sujit Kumar; Tahasildar, Naveen; Letter to the Editor .Spine 2010. 35(18):1736-1737.
- Tahasildar N, Goni V, Bhagwat K, Tripathy SK, Panda BB. Ewing’s sarcoma as second malignancy following a short latency in unilateral retinoblastoma. J Orthopaed Traumatol 2011 Sep; 12(3):167-71.
- Tahasildar N, Sudesh P, Tripathy SK, Shashidhar BK. Bilateral Pathological Dislocation of Hip Secondary to Tuberculous Arthritis Following Disseminated Tuberculosis- A Case Report and Review of Literature. J Pediatr Orthop B.2012 Nov; 21(6):567-73. doi: 10.1097/BPB.0b013e328354da73.
- Sen RK, Tripathy SK, Goyal T, Aggarwal S, Tahasildar N, Singh D & Amit Kumar Singh. Osteosynthesis of femoral-neck nonunion with angle blade plate and autogenous fibular graft. Int Orthop. 2012 Apr;36(4):827-32
- Tripathy SK, Sen RK, Akkina N, Hampannavar A, Tahasildar N, Limaye R. Role of ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of intramuscular cysticercosis. Skeletal Radiol. 2012Sep;41(9):1061-6. Epub 2011 Nov 19.
- Sujit Kumar Tripathy, Ramesh Kumar Sen, Sameer Aggarwal, Sarvdeep Singh Dhatt, and Naveen Tahasildar. Simultaneous bilateral anterior shoulder dislocation: report of two cases and review of the literature. Chin J Traumatol 2011 Oct 1; 14(5):312-5.
- Kamal Bali, Sameer Aggarwal, Vishal Kumar, Aditya Krishna Mootha, Saurabh Rawall, Naveen Tahasildar and Mandeep S. Dhillon ; Operative management of type II and type IIIa open tibial fractures presenting from 6–24 hours after injury: an Indian experience. Current Orthopedic Practice. 22(3):262-266, May/June 2011.
- Sarvdeep Dhatt,Manphool Singhal,Sujit Kumar Tripathy,Naveen TahasildarandRamesh Kumar Sen;Primary hydatidosis of femur: a case report and review of literature. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 2010, 20(5):401-405.
- Sen RK,Tripathy SK,Aggarwal S,Agarwal A,Goyal T,Tahasildar N,Dhatt S.; Migrated Intra-Pelvic Broken Wire Retrieval: A Nightmare For Surgeon. Hip Int.2010 Dec 14;20(4):551-4
- V. Goni, V. Kumar & N. Tahasildar: Integrated Outcome Assessment after Anterior Cervical Discectomy, Fusion (ACDF) with autograft and Plating in cervical spodylomyelopathy.The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology.2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- V. Goni, N. Raj, S. Pebam, N. Tahasildar, A. Taneja & V. Kumar: Retained, asymptomatic bullet in D11-D12 intervertebral disc space: A Case Report.The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology.2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- V. Goni, S. Dhatt, N. Raj, S. Pebam, A. Taneja & N. Tahasildar : Correlation between Preoperative Imaging Studies and Post-Operative Results In Lumbar Canal Stenosis – A Prospective Study.The Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology.2010 Supplement III to IJMIST IV, No 5
- Bhatia S, Goni V, Pebam S, Taneja A, Tahasildar N, Rajan SV, Bhatia A, Amarji B, Singh B, Katare OP. Novel Liposomal Gel of an Anti-inflammatory Agent: Randomized, Double-blind Clinical Trial for Evaluation of the Efficacy and Safety in Patients with Signs and Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knees. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 50:1090, 2010.
- Naveen Tahasildar, Mandeep Singh Dhillon, Vijay Goni, Sameer Aggarwal; Management of distal femur fractures: Current Concepts in Management. The North East Orthoscan 2010, 7(2):41-51.
- Dhatt S, Tripathy S, Tahasildar N, Sharma R, Sanjay B. Bilateral Sarcoid Arthritis Treated By Total Hip Replacement: A Case Report . WebmedCentral ORTHOPAEDICS 2010;1(11):WMC001133
- Dhatt S, Tahasildar N, Tripathy S, BK S, Tamuk T. Excision And EndoprosthesisImplantation for Proximal Femur Giant Cell Tumor. WebmedCentral ORTHOPAEDICS 2010; 1(11):WMC001236
Publications under review
1. Menon KV, Pillay HM, Anbuselvam M, Tahasildar N, J Renjit Kumar. Cosmetic evaluation of the upper trunk in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A study of digital photographs.
2. Menon KV, Tahasildar N, Pillay HM, Anbuselvam M, J Renjit Kumar. Patterns of shoulder imbalance in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: A retrospective observational study.
3. Menon KV, Tahasildar N, Pillay HM, Anbuselvam M. Transverse plane deformity of the shoulder in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
Important Citations (Total citations-26 & h-index is 3)
- Dhatt S, Tahasildar N, Tripathy SK, Sharma RB, Dhillon MS. Outcome of spinal decompression in cauda equina syndrome presenting late in developing countries- case series of 50 cases. European Spine Journal 2011 Dec; 20(12):2235-9. This article is cited 7 times
- Mulholland, Robert C. "The Michel Benoist and Robert Mulholland Yearly European Spine Journal Review: a survey of the "surgical and research" articles in the European Spine Journal, 2011."European Spine Journal21.2 (2012): 195-203.
- Korse, N. S., et al. "Complaints of micturition, defecation and sexual function in cauda equina syndrome due to lumbar disk herniation: a systematic review. "European Spine Journal22.5 (2013): 1019-1029.
- Paik, Nam Chull, Chun Soo Lim, and Ho Suk Jang. "Cauda Equina Syndrome Caused by Epidural Pneumorrhachis: Treatment With Percutaneous Computed Tomography-Guided Translaminar Trephination."Spine38.7 (2013): E440-E443.
- Chau, Anthony Minh Tien, et al. "Timing of Surgical Intervention in Cauda Equina Syndrome: A Systematic Critical Review."World neurosurgery(2013)
- Shivji, Faiz, and Magnum Tsegaye. "Cauda equina syndrome: the importance of complete multidisciplinary team management."BMJ case reports(2013).
- Mulholland, Robert C. "The Michel Benoist and Robert Mulholland Yearly European Spine Journal Review: a survey of the "surgical and research" articles in the European Spine Journal, 2013."European Spine Journal23.1 (2014): 9-18.
- Bekmez, Senol, et al. "Transverse sacral fractures and concomitant late-diagnosed cauda equina syndrome." Ulus Travma Acil Cerr Derg 2014; 20(1):71-74 doi: 10.5505/tjtes.2014.21208.
- Tahasildar N, Goni V, Sudesh P, Tripathy SK. Giant osteochondroma of Axis in a child with multiple hereditary exostoses: Case report and review of literature. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2012 May;21(3):280-5. This article is cited 3 times
- Bartanusz, Viktor, et al. "Calcifying pseudoneoplasm of the atlantoaxial joint in a child: Case report."Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine18.4 (2013): 367-371.
- Ashraf, Ali, et al. "Spinal stenosis frequent in children with multiple hereditary exostoses."Journal of children’s orthopaedics7.3 (2013): 183-194.
- Guo Yongcheng, et al "Children hereditary multiple osteochondroma cartilage cap ultrastructural observations." Clinical and Experimental Pathology 29.2 (2013): 171-174.