Consultant in HPB and Liver Transplant Surgeon
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MRCS (UK)
Specialties: Liver Transplant & HPB Surgeries,Organ Transplant
Dr. Basant Mahadevappa is a Senior Consultant for Liver Transplant and Hepato Pancreato Biliary (HPB) Surgery at SPARSH Hospitals, Bangalore. Liver Transplantation and Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery as a speciality of its own is very demanding in terms of skill, infrastructure and delivery. Dr. Basant Mahadevappa has practised in the field for over 10 years and comes with a great experience. He has worked in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, New York Medical College, New York, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, and is now based in Bangalore.
His skill set includes:
• Robotic, laparoscopic or open based on the clinical situation
• Liver transplantation (living and deceased donor)
• Complex vascular reconstructions in transplantation
• ALPPS procedure or surgery
• Hilar cholangiocarcinomas and complex resections
• Whipple’s procedure and surgery with or without vascular reconstructions
• Surgeries for benign liver and pancreatic conditions (calculous pancreatic conditions, complications of pancreatitis, hepatic adenomas, hemangiomas etc.)
• Benign biliary conditions like bile duct stones, choledochal cyst etc.
• Interventional procedures for liver and biliary system (TACE, percutaneous biliary drainage, etc.)
He is a member of Liver Transplantation Society of India, American Society of Transplant Surgeons, International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, American Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association, International Liver Transplantation Society, American Transplant Society, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and Association of Surgeons of India.