Dr. Raga Panicker possesses a rich and diverse professional background, demonstrating proficiency in various aspects of Otolaryngology (ENT) with extensive involvement in both clinical and research realms. In terms of education, Dr. Panicker holds an MS (ENT) from JJM Medical College, Davangere, RGUHS Bangalore. The academic journey also includes an MBBS from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi.Dr. Raga Panicker has completed her Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Phonosurgery at Christian Medical College, Vellore.
In the preceding years, Dr. Raga Panicker held a Senior Residency position in ENT at Christian Medical College, Vellore, where she was actively involved in teaching and research, in addition to clinical practice. During this tenure, a focus on Rhinology and Anterior Skull Base procedures showcased a commitment to managing complex ENT cases.
Dr. Raga Panicker possesses extensive surgical experience across a diverse range of procedures within the field of Otolaryngology (ENT). This includes expertise in adenotonsillectomy, nasal and sinus surgeries including septoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgeries, orbital decompression and turbinoplasty, routine ear surgeries like tympanoplasty, middle ear and mastoid surgeries. Her main interest is in voice and airway surgeries like microlaryngeal surgeries for vocal polyps and cysts, balloon dilatation for airway stenosis, injection laryngoplasty for vocal cord paralysis, LASER surgeries of the vocal cord and airway and in office procedures for voice improvement . This diverse array of procedures showcases Dr. Panicker’s proficiency in managing a broad spectrum of ENT conditions through both traditional and advanced surgical techniques.
Dr. Panicker has demonstrated a commitment to research, with notable international publications. Demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and professional development, Dr. Panicker has actively attended conferences such as Voicecon, Larynx 2022, Midterm Phonocon 2022, and others.
- Travancore Cochin Medical Council
- Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Unusual complications of bone wax at the skull base (Journal of Laryngology and Otology, 2021)
- Study of the use of Methylene blue spraying in identification of Recurrent Laryngeal nerve during thyroid surgery (Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, May 2018, Volume 12, Issue 5)
- The incidence of elongated Styloid Process in Chronic Tonsillitis (International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery) – Volume 4, Issue 4, July 2018
- A comparative study between conventional nasal packing versus Nasal Splint with clip after septoplasty with bilateral reduction of inferior turbinates with bipolar cautery (International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery) – volume 4, Issue 4, July 2018
- Contributing author for ENT in ‘Bate’s guide to physical examination and history taking’- South Asian edition, published by Wolters Kluwer [ISBN – 13:9789388313223]
- Contributing author for ENT in ‘Target JIPMER’ Gateway to success, third edition by Wolters Kluwer
- MBBS – Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- MS (ENT) – JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Post Doctoral Fellowship (Phonosurgery) – Christian Medical College, Vellore