The department of General Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases. It serves as the first point of contact whenever a patient visits the hospital. A general physician conducts a physical examination of the patient and then recommends necessary tests and diagnostic procedures. The results of these tests, the general physical examination and symptoms are then correlated to arrive at a final diagnosis. Depending on the final diagnosis, the general physician gives the necessary treatment (usually medication) to the patient or refers to a specialty department for further treatment.
Treatment & Procedures
The department of general medicine provides treatment for the following:
- All types of fevers
- Infections affecting different organs of the body
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol, obesity.
- Blood pressure
- Tummy aches, infections like vomiting, diarrhea and jaundice
- Infectious diseases
- Respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, lung infection, cough, sinusitis, pneumonia & TB
- Disease of the joints and limbs, backache
- Problems like headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy.
Dr. Sachin Suresh Jadhav
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Clinical Haematology), Fellowship in Leukemia & Bone Marrow Transplant (Canada)
Dr. Sachin Suresh Jadhav is a visiting consultant at SPARSH Hospitals, Bangalore and has an ex...