Neonatology & Paediatrics
The birth of a baby is a matter of joy; ensuring this joyous feeling across preterm babies, term babies with complications and low birth-weight babies, is the goal of neonatal experts.
SPARSH is capable of handling babies as early as 6 months with birth-weight as low as 700 grams as against a full term baby of 9 months and weighing more than 2.5 kg weight. The department has an exclusive eight bed neonatal intensive care unit fully loaded on facilities like ventilation, CPAP and high flow. The department has expert capabilities to provide support, resuscitation or revival as required by pre term and term babies. It also provides clinical assessment and care, photo therapy, neonatal transfers and feeding support including kangaroo care for early newborn.
Dr. Padmakumar Patil
Fellowship in Neonatology
Dr.Padmakumar Patil complete...
Our service here is focussed on preterm babies, term babies requiring support and low birth weight babies across their growth and development;
- Breathing support, feeding and growth monitoring for preterm babies
- Neonatal seizure management
- Neonatal jaundice management
- Support for babies born to mothers with diabetes
- Feeding support and growth monitoring for low birth weight babies
- Surgical treatment with both preoperative and postoperative care
- Immunisation services
- Newborn hearing screening
- Newborn screening for other inborn errors of metabolism, thyroid function, haemoglobinopathies etc.
We encourage parents to be involved in the care of their babies including kangaroo care. Our dedicated team of neonatal nurses will facilitate this. Parents will be updated regularly by the neonatologists.
SPARSH neonatal outpatient services enables follow-up for patients admitted to our neonatal unit and other babies requiring reviews by the neonatologists. This will include monitoring of growth, development and immunisation.
SPARSH paediatric care offers wholesome mix of emergency services that are provided in casualty followed by ongoing management in wards by paediatricians. Team of paediatricians will cater to all kinds of childhood problems and issues in our outpatient services.
- Infections including respiratory, gastrointestinal and urine infections
- Ongoing management of asthma and other respiratory problems
- Gastrointestinal problems like vomiting and constipation
- Developmental monitoring specialised paediatric services for specific needs are a focus with us.
- Endocrinology including diabetes and metabolic bone diseases
- Paediatric surgery and more
The paediatric team is a happy mix of talent, expertise and passion driven doctors who are well versed to handle complicated pre term deliveries. To top this competence, SPARSH employs visiting consultants with capabilities to manage the most complex and bizarre challenges across the gamut of medical treatment available anywhere in the world.