Dr. Kavitha S is a Consultant General Physician, Diabetologist and Geriatrician at SPARSH Hospitals. Dr Kavitha S finished her MBBS in K.A.P. Viswanatham Government Medical College, Tìruchirappalli, in 2002. She completed her DNB in Family Medicine at Apollo BGS Hospital in 2010. She got her Masters in Diabetology from Annamalai University, Chidambaram in 2013. Additionally, she has completed a Post-Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine in 2018 from M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru. She is interested in the care of elderly patients with multiple health issues. She gives long-term care for patients more than 60 years of age.
Owing to her interest in Diabetology she has completed the following courses conducted by Public Health Foundation of India:
- CCEBDM (Certificate Course in Evidence-Based Diabetic Management )
- CCGDM (Certificate Course in Gestational Diabetes Management )
- ACDMDC (Advanced Cardiac Management in Diabetes Care)
She has done a thesis about the relationship of anthropometric measurements like BMI (Body Mass Index), WHR (Waist Hip Ratio) and WC (Waist Circumference) in relation to diabetes control, which was submitted to the National Board of Examinations, where the same got approved. She has worked as a Registrar in Medicine, Apollo BGS Hospital, Mysore, from 2010 to 2014. After gaining experience in her areas of interest, she joined Panacea Hospital, Mysore, as a Consultant Family Physician and Diabetologist.
Her special interest in the field of Diabetology and Geriatrics are as follows:
- Weight management in Diabetes mellitus
- Early-onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Long term care of Elderly Diabetics with multiple health issues.
She is also interested in the field of executive health check-ups as follows:
- Preventive Master health check-up
- Senior citizen’s health check-up
- Women health check-up