Dr Mahesh Babu is a dedicated Urologist with an excellent record of providing patient comfort and satisfaction with exceptional knowledge of urologic principles and procedures. He is recognised as a great human being and an extremely hard-working individual. He is amongst the Best Urologists in Bengaluru; a rare combination of a brilliant surgeon with great humility.
Dr Mahesh has the ability to communicate effectively with a genuine concern for patients and a passion to be of service and heal people. He has the willingness and ability to handle uncertainty and conflicting demands while remaining calm under pressure. He has treated numerous patients having urological problems.
He has over 13 years of experience in the field of Urology at both medical colleges and private hospitals. As an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bengaluru, he enjoyed teaching both undergraduate and post-graduate students from the University.
He started his career as a consultant urologist in Apollo Hospital, Nellore, where he built his reputation and received acclaim & appreciation from his patients and peers. He was the only consultant and led the department alone. During this time here he handled many complex and high-profile cases and also was involved in about 30 successful Renal transplant surgeries.
He later moved to Bengaluru and worked at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital at Whitefield and HSR layout. Further moved to Sagar Speciality Hospital at Kumarswamy Layout. He is currently working as a Senior Consultant at SPARSH Multispecialty Hospital, Yelahanka.Dr. Mahesh distinguishes himself through his remarkable multilingual proficiency, fluently conversing in English, Kannada, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam
Areas of Expertise
- Endourology – RIRS, PCNL, URS, TURP, TURBT, PCCL, VIU
- Laparoscopic Urology: Laparoscopic Nephrectomy, Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty, Laparoscopic Ureterolithotomy, Laparoscopic Cyst Deroofing, Laparoscopic Guided PCNL, Laparoscopic Ureteric reimplant, Laparoscopic VVF repair.
- General Urology and Emergency procedures (SPC, USG guided PCN insertion)
- Treatment of renal & ureteric Stones by endoscopic, percutaneous & RIRS procedures.
- Prostate and bladder tumour surgeries
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Indian medical association
- Urological Society of INDIA
- South Zone Urological Society
- Karnataka Urological Society
- MBBS – Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar
- MS (General Surgery) – Rabindranath Tagore Government Medical college, Udaipur, Rajasthan
- MCh (Urology) – Trivandrum Government Medical college, Trivandrum, Kerala.