Dr. Niveditha flaunts a diverse medical career, contributing to research and clinical practice in various capacities and continuing to make valuable contributions to the medical field.
After completing her MBBS at KVG Medical College in Sulliya, she pursued her MD in General Medicine at Sri B.M. Patil Medical College in Bijapur. Dr. Niveditha has gained extensive experience in the medical field through various roles and institutions from the likes of Ramiah Medical College to Fortis Rajajinagar. Her special interest in diabetology is evident from her research work for her dissertation topic which focused on including HBA1C in conjunction with FBS (fasting blood sugar) for prediabetes screening. She also has attained certification in gestational diabetes mellitus from Chellaram Diabetes Institute, completed a course on medical nutrition therapy in diabetes mellitus offered by the Endocrine Society and is currently pursuing an enhanced postgraduate certificate course in diabetes mellitus. Dr. Niveditha has furthered her knowledge by successfully completing a course on respiratory allergy diagnosis and management and a certificate course on allergy, asthma and immunotherapy by VP Chest Institute in Delhi.
Dr. Niveditha has made valuable contributions to the field of medicine through several published articles and case reports in renowned medical journal s on topics such as-mucomycosis in COVID-19, myocardial infarction in the elderly, retinopathy of prematurity, diagnosis of malaria, prediabetes detection using HBA1C, Goldenhar syndrome and the association between Continuous Glucose Monitoring and Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy in Type 2 Diabetes.
- Published original article in Azerbaijan Medical journal: This article focused on the clinical profile and outcomes of Mucor Mycosis in COVID-19 patients in a tertiary hospital in South India.
- Original Article – Clinical profile of elderly myocardial infarction: Published in the Medpulse International Journal of Medicine, this article explored the clinical profile of elderly individuals who experienced myocardial infarction in a rural population.
- Published original article – Incidence of retinopathy of prematurity: Niveditha conducted a longitudinal study on the incidence of retinopathy of prematurity among babies born at a tertiary care hospital, providing valuable insights into this condition.
- Published original article – A comparative study of malaria diagnosis: This article compared different methods for diagnosing malaria, including peripheral blood smear, quantitative Buffy coat, and antigen detection.
- Published original article – Combined detection of prediabetes: Niveditha’s research aimed to detect prediabetes using both HBA1C and fasting blood sugar levels.
- Published case report – Goldenhar syndrome: Contributed a case report on Goldenhar syndrome.
- Original article – Evaluation of the association between Time in Range (TIR) and Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy: Currently submitted for publication to the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- MBBS – KVG Medical College
- MD (General Medicine) – Sri B M Patil Medical College Certificate Courses:
- Respiratory Allergy: Diagnosis & Management
- Certificate Course on Allergy, Asthma & Immunotherapy VP Chest Institute in Delhi.
- Certificate Course in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Chellaram Diabetes Institute.
- Certificate Course on Medical Nutrition Therapy in Diabetes Mellitus The Endocrine Society
- Post Graduate Certificate Course in Diabetes Mellitus
Oral Paper and Poster Presentations
- Presented an oral paper on the clinical profile of the elderly in a rural population at the National Clinical Cardiology Conference in 2013.
- Presented a poster on the implications of including HBA1C along with FBS in the screening criterion for prediabetes at APICON 2014.
- Presented posters at RSSDI National Conference 2014 and the International Geriatric CME 2013, focusing on prediabetes screening criteria and elderly prediabetes.