Dr. Pradeep Kumar stands as a distinguished Paediatrician and Neonatologist with a stellar academic background and extensive professional experience. Holding both MBBS and MD degrees in Paediatrics from the prestigious Government Medical College , Mysore, he further honed his expertise by completing a Neonatal Intensive Care Fellowship at Imperial College London, UK.
With over 14 years of dedicated service in the field of Paediatrics and Neonatology, Dr. Pradeep’s journey includes a notable role as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at a medical college for a duration of 2 years. His international exposure in London allowed him to contribute significantly to the care of neonates, particularly at the Neonatal unit in Hammersmith Hospital, a WHO nodal center for newborn whole-body cooling and a leading tertiary referral hospital in London for Neonatal care.
Dr. Kumar specializes in the management of extremely sick neonatal preterm babies dealing with complex medical and surgical issues. His specific interests encompass the care of preterm neonates, critically ill neonates, neonatal nutrition, and neonatal neurology. In addition to his focused expertise in Neonatology, he continues to practice General Pediatrics.
Demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning, Dr. Kumar has completed a newborn life support course from the Resuscitation Council in England. His contributions to the field extend beyond clinical practice, with numerous research articles published in national and international indexed journals. He has also actively participated in state and national Pediatric and Neonatal conferences, presenting research papers and posters.
Dr. Pradeep Kumar’s reputation as one of the best Pediatricians and Neonatologists in Hebbal, Bengaluru, is well-earned, with recognition stemming from his academic achievements, diverse clinical experience, and contributions to advancing knowledge in the field.
- Preterm neonates
- Care of critically ill neonates
- Neonatal nutrition
- Neonatal Neurology
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Mysore
- MD (Paediatrics) – Government Medical College, Mysore
- RCPCH Fellowship in Neonatology – Imperial college, London
- Presented a poster in National pediatric conference in Bhuvaneshwar, India held in 2008 on neonatal cholestasis.
- Presented a paper on HIV in pediatric age group at Karnataka state pediatric conference held in Mysore in 2009.
- Associated with study of ‘intrarectal diazepam verusus buccal midazolam in treatment of seizures in emergency room’ which was done in Mysore Medical College.The study was published in Indian journal of pediatrics in which I was 3rd author.
- Winner in Neonatology quiz program divisional round held at St. Johns Hospital, Bangalore in 2007.
- Written a review article on Vitamin D deficiency in pregnant women and their newborns as first author which is in the press in perinatology journal.
- Published a research letter on ‘Vitamin D deficiency in pregnant women and their newborns’ as first author, which was published in Indian pediatrics journal in June, 2015.
- Written a review article on “Factors preventing quality care of preterm babies in private set-up” as the first author which got published in the newsletter of “Indian Foundation for Premature Babies (IFPB)”.
- Completed Basic neonatal ECHO course and will be completing advanced course shortly.
- Presented a paper on “Clinical profile and outcome of babies with gestational age less than 28 weeks” at Karnataka Neocon held at Mangalore, Karnataka in 2014.