Dr. Rekha P R, a distinguished Clinical Director having previously held the position in Laboratory Medicine and Blood Centre at Yashoda Hospital, Hitech City, Hyderabad, possesses an impressive educational background with an MBBS from Government Medical College, Mysore, and MD in Pathology from Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai. With a vision to develop Smart Labs with Global Standards, Dr. Rekha is a leader in primary care operational leadership, data-driven performance management, and technology-enabled care.
Fluent in English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, and Telugu, Dr. Rekha has an extensive career history, serving in various capacities, including Associate Professor at Vinayaka Mission Kripananda Variyar Medical College and Consultant at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore. She has held critical roles such as Director of Lab Services and Head of Operations & Sub-Cluster Head at prestigious healthcare institutions.
Her current roles include serving as Clinical Director at Yashoda Hospital, Hitech City, Hyderabad, and as a Senior Consultant in Histopathology at Narayana Hrudayalaya Ltd, Bangalore. Dr. Rekha has been recognized for her academic excellence, receiving awards such as the Prem Award for Academic Excellence in MBBS in 2000 and the SJS Paul Gold Medal for outstanding performance during MD (Pathology) in 2008. She is actively involved in accreditation bodies, serving as an Assessor for NABL and NABH.
Apart from her clinical roles, Dr. Rekha has contributed significantly to research with several publications in national and international journals. Her commitment to advancing healthcare standards is evident in her involvement in JCI Accreditation since 2014 and being part of the first NABL accredited private hospital laboratory in Karnataka for RTPCR in 2020.
- Rekha P R, Rajendiran S, Rao S, Shroff S, Joseph LD, Prathiba D. Histological reclassification, histochemical characterization and c-kit immunoexpression in renal cell carcinoma; Indian J Urol. 2008 .24:343-7.
- Rekha P.R., Mathavi S, Rohini G, Konapur P.G, Subramaniam P.M. Bacterial vaginosis-A diagnostic and morphometric analysis.
- International Journal of Basic Medical sciences, July 2010 – Extensive intraductal carcinoma breast – Clinical and pathological considerations
- National Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, July 2011 – A clinicomorphological study of carcinoma cervix.
- National Journal of Basic Medical Science, October 2011- Rekha P.R , Usha Sahadevan ,Suresh Latha . Comparison of prenatal ultrasound findings and autopsy findings in foetuses terminated after prenatal diagnosis of intrauterine death: An one year experience in a foetal medicine unit.
- Journal Of Clinical And Diagnostic Research November 2011, An unusual clinical and Morphological features of uterine leiomyosarcoma immunohistochemistry solves the diagnostic pitfalls of uterine sarcoma.
- National Journal Of Basic Medical Science, Cytology Of Breast Lesion – A Morphometric Approach, Volume -1, Issue – 4.
- Journal of clinical and diagnostic research, November 2011- Pearls and pitfalls of endometrial curettage with that of hysterectomy in DUB.
- Indian Journal Of Nuclear Medicine, case report, issue 1,Renal metastasis and dual (18FFluorodeoxyglucose and 131I) avid skeletal metastasis in a patient with papillary thyroid cancer. Prashanth Kulkarni, Pobbi Setty Radhakrishna Gupta Rekha, Meghana Prabhu, Sunil Hejjaji Venkataramarao , Nalini Raju , Naveen Hedne Chandrasekhar, Subramanian Kannan
- MBBS – Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar
- MD (Pathology) – Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai