Sruthi Viswanath is a young and dynamic speech-language and swallowing specialist who is deeply passionate about enhancing the lives of individuals dealing with speech, language, and swallowing challenges. Her dedication involves the prevention, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in both children and adults.As an aspiring Deglutologist, Sruthi is particularly focused on delivering patient-centered care, especially for those undergoing head and neck oncology treatments.
Sruthi holds a Bachelor’s degree in Audiology Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP) from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, where she achieved the second rank. She further pursued a Master’s degree in Audiology Speech-Language Pathology (MASLP) from JSS Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore University, with an educational grant awarded by Tata Trust for being the best outgoing student.
Sruthi has completed a one-year Advanced Fellowship at Tata Memorial Centre, focusing on speech and swallowing therapy in Head and Neck Oncology. She has also pursued a one-month Fellowship in Neuro-deglutology and Voice Therapy under the mentorship of Dr. Jayakumar R Menon in Trivandrum, Kerala. She is certified in VitalStim therapy, a technique for swallowing treatment.
With extensive training from Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, Sruthi has honed her skills in the evaluation and management of dysphagia, especially in individuals undergoing head and neck cancer treatments. Her competencies include performing various evaluations such as Bedside Swallowing Evaluation, Fibreoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES), Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study (VFSS), and more. Additionally, she specializes in Alaryngeal Voice Rehabilitation and Surgical Voice Rehabilitation (TEP).
Sruthi has actively participated in research presentations, conferences, and workshops, showcasing her commitment to continuous learning and professional development. She presented a dissertation on “Discourse Characteristics in Dyadic Communication in Neurotypical Aging Malayalam Speakers.”
Sruthi Viswanath is poised to make significant contributions to the field of speech and swallowing therapy, driven by her commitment to patient care, ongoing education, and research.
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Speech and Swallowing Evaluation and Management
- Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study (VFSS)
- Alaryngeal Voice Rehabilitation (TEP, Electrolarynx)
- Neuro Muscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Voice evaluation and therapy
- Speech Language and Swallowing rehabilitation in neurological communication disorders
- Paediatric speech and language evaluation and Management
- BASLP (Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology) – Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham University, Kerala
- MASL – PJSS Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore
- Fellowship in Speech and Swallowing Therapy in Head and Neck Oncology – Tata Memorial Centre,Mumbai
- Fellowship in Neuro-deglutology and Voice Therapy – Dr Jaykumar’s Institute of Laryngology, Kerala
- Rehabilitation Council of India