Dr. Ashwini P is a Consultant Radiologist with extensive experience in the field of Radiodiagnosis. Prior to Sparsh, she served at Prima Diagnostics in Yelahanka New Town where she held the position of Consultant Radiologist. She has showcased her expertise in various medical centres including Kanva Diagnostics at Navachethana Hospital in Bengaluru, Mid Town Diagnostic Centre and Spring Infertility Centre in Parel, Mumbai and Ragavs Diagnostics and Research Centre in Bengaluru.
Having completed her MBBS from the Government Medical College in Mysore in 2007, she went on to earn her Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. She also holds a DNB in Radiodiagnosis from Ragavs Diagnostic and Research Institute in Bangalore.
Dr. Ashwini, who was awarded the Best Outgoing student in Ophthalmology during her MBBS, has amassed a wealth of experience in Radiodiagnosis. With a primary focus on Obstetric and Gynaecological Sonography, she has conducted over 7000 foetal medicine scans in the past five years, encompassing early pregnancy, NT, Anomaly, Growth scans, and obstetric Doppler. Remarkably, as the sole female radiologist at her previous centre for three years, Dr. Ashwini independently managed all aspects of foetal medicine and women’s imaging, contributing significantly to her expertise in the field. She holds a certificate of competence in the 11 to 13 weeks scan from the Foetal Medicine Foundation.
Her professional interests extend to women’s imaging, including Transvaginal Sonography (TVS), Breast scans, and the interpretation of mammograms. Dr. Ashwini is proficient in independently performing Hysterosalpingography (HSG). Furthermore, she boasts expertise in interpreting CT and MRI images, with a substantial workload of reporting approximately 15 to 20 cases of CT and MRI daily. Additionally, her skill set includes the ability to perform Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC), showcasing her comprehensive proficiency in the field of Radiodiagnosis.In addition, Dr. Ashwini has participated in various CMEs and workshops at both state and national levels.
- Specialized in Obstetric and Gynaecological Sonography, having conducted over 7000 foetal medicine scans in the last 5 years including early pregnancy, NT, Anomaly,
- Growth scans and obstetric Doppler. She has obtained a certificate of competence in 11 to 13 weeks scan from the Foetal Medicine Foundation.
- Proficient in women’s imaging, including TVS, Breast scans, HSGs and mammogram interpretation.
- Adept in interpreting CT and MRI images, with an average of 15 to 20 reports daily.
- Skilled in performing Ultrasound-guided FNAC’s.
Research and Presentations
- Accepted research on “Role of Susceptibility Weighted Imaging in the evaluation of micro and macro haemorrhage in the Brain” by the National Board of Examinations.
- Rare cases of limb body wall complex – Karnataka State Conference 2009
- Role of CT in Retroperitonal masses: IRIA National conference 2010, Ahmedabad
- Role of MRI in meniscal injuries of the Knee- Karnataka State conference 2011
- CT of lymphoma- A spectrum of disease- IRIA National Conference 2010, Ahmedabad.
- Hand in systemic disease- pictorial assay- Harnam Singh Conference 2009 ( 1st prize)
- Rare case of fetal ovarian tumor with torsion-Karnataka State Conference 2009
- 1st prize for the poster in Karnataka State Conference- 2010
Member of the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association.
- M.B.B.S – Government Medical College, Mysore
- DMRD – Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- DNB (Radiodiagnosis) – Ragavs Diagnostic and Research Institute, Bangalore