Dr Nagabhushan J S is an experienced Professor, Senior GI, MIS & Colorectal surgeon. He has more than 28 years of rich experience in GI Surgery, MIS and allied specialties, with higher specialization qualifications in Colorectal surgery. His Primary degree is from KMC, Hubli & MS in Surgery from Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore. He later pursued Higher Surgical Training in the UK specializing in Colorectal surgery & GI Surgery. He holds the prestigious Fellowships FRCSEd, FRCS( Gla), & FRCS ( Intercollegiate) . He has been a visiting Fellow in Colon & Rectal surgery at the prestigious MAYO clinic in Rochester, USA. He has worked as a Consultant In Colorectal Surgery in Glasgow & Edinburgh, both of which are specialized Colorectal centres for Scotland. He has accreditation for Upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy from JAG ( Joint Advisory group on GI Endoscopy).His passion is the provision of affordable and quality care in colorectal surgery & GI surgery.
He was heading the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology & MIS as Senior Consultant in BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru. He has been instrumental along with the team in developing the Department of GI surgery, MIS & Colorectal surgery in achieving the goal of it being recognized as one of the best GI & Colorectal centres in the city. He and his team are consistently recognized as one of the best referral centres for advanced Colorectal & GI surgeries for Bengaluru and Karnataka. He is an examiner for the Specialist training Fellows in GI and MIS under the auspices of Rajiv Gandhi Health University. He has published extensively in various indexed journals. He has also been part of various training programs as Faculty, locally, in the state and nationally. He is also a trained Robotic surgeon. He has performed more than 5000 exclusive colorectal procedures apart from General and allied speciality procedures. He and his team are highly specialised in cancer care particularly in treating colonic cancers, with special reference to Rectal cancers. We provide quaternary level care with special emphasis on sphincter saving surgeries for ultra-low rectal cancers including Robotic surgeries.
Areas of Expertise
- Specialized colorectal- Colon & rectal Cancers, MIS (Laparoscopic & Robotic surgeries for colon cancers), TATME & ISR, rectal prolapse, Complex IBD Surgeries (crohn’s and ulcerative colitis), Functional colonic disorders, Transanal resections of benign and malignant lesions.
- Advanced proctology- Haemorrhoids (Piles), fistula, fissure and Pilonidal sinus surgery including judicious use of Lasers in proctology.
- Advanced laparoscopic & Robotic surgery, Fundoplication, complex cholecystectomy, complex Lap GI work
- Liver disorders- benign and malignant Liver conditions, Infective lesions of the Liver
- Hernia repairs of Groin, Incisional and other rare hernias along with complex AWRs and laparoscopic hernia repairs with ETEP concepts incorporated
- Pancreas disorders- Acute and chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic tumors.
- Advanced Lower GI endoscopy (Colonoscopy) including Endoscopic mucosal resections.
- MBBS – Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli
- MS (General Surgery) – Bangalore Medical College
- FRCS – UK
- FRCS – Edinburgh
- FRCS – Glasgow
- CCT – UK
- Fellow in Colon & Rectal Surgery – MAYO Clinic, USA