Dr Neel Shetty completed his MBBS from St John’s Medical College Bangalore in 1997 followed by DNB in Surgery from Manipal Hospital Bangalore. He worked as a Senior Consultant in the Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access and General Surgery. He has 17 years of experience in the management of complex GI surgical cases including advanced Laparoscopic surgery. He has publications in Indexed journals, teaches Fellowship students in GI / Laparoscopic surgery and has been on the organising committees for numerous local and national level conferences / workshops.
His special interests include Pancreatic diseases, Advanced Laparoscopic surgery and Colorectal cancer. Dr Neel Shetty has a keen interest in Laparoscopic surgery and has actively participated in the development of “Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)” since its initiation in Bangalore in 2009. He believes in multidisciplinary team work, personalised patient care, clear communication and maintaining the highest levels of quality and ethics in surgical practice to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Areas of Expertise
- Pancreatic surgery including Laparoscopic Necrosectomy, Whipple’s, Frey’s procedure and Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy
- Complicated Biliary tract disease, Difficult Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic CBD exploration, Choledochal cyst excision, HJ
- Complex Hernia, Laparoscopic TAPP mesh repair, Border Hernias
- Complex Colorectal disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease, Laparoscopic Colorectal resection
- Mesentertic Vascular Disease, Laparoscopic Splenectomy, Laparoscopic Fundoplication
- General Surgery
- MBBS – St John’s Medical College Bangalore
- DNB (General Surgery) – Manipal Hospital, Bangalore