Consultant Interventional Radiologist
MD (RD), DNB (RD), DM (NIIR), MNAMS
Dr. Naveen is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist at SPARSH Hospitals, Bangalore. He graduated from the prestigious Mysore Medical College and Research Institute (MMCRI) in 2012. He secured merit seat in All India PG entrance exam & pursued his post-graduation MD Radiodiagnosis at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Medical College, Indore and later on completed DNB Radiodiagnosis. Then he worked as teaching faculty and consultant in JSS Medical College, Mysore for over an year. He then did a Fellowship in Neurointervention from Seth GS Medical College and KEM hospital, a renowned tertiary health care in Mumbai. He scaled his core interest for Neurointervention, topped in the All india entrance examination(AI Rank 1) for DM (NIIR) and completed his super-speciality from the premier institute Post
Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research(PGIMER) Chandigarh. Then he worked as Assistant Professor & teaching faculty in SCTIMST, Trivandrum, an Institute of National importance. He has work experience from the 3 premier teaching institutions of the country during which he has gained in-depth knowledge in Neuro-interventions & peripheral vascular interventions and Neuroimaging. He is excellent in the academics field and has been invited to multiple regional and national conferences. He has also contributed to many peer-reviewed publications.
membeIndian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA), Indian Society of Neuro-Radiology (ISNR), Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (ISVIR), Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe(CIRSE), Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR), Royal College of Radiology (RCR, London), and National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS).
Areas of expertise are:
● Brain Aneurysm Management
● Acute Ischemic Stroke Management
● Brain AVM & Spinal AVM Embolisation.
● Peripheral Vascular Interventions (Laser treatment of Varicose vein, Angioplasty, Venoplasty, Stenting, Uterine artery embolisation, prostatic artery embolisation, bronchial artery embolisation, GI bleed etc)
● Hepatobiliary & Onco-interventions (TJLB, TIPSS, BRTO, TACE, RFA, MW ablations etc)
● Aortic interventions
● Non-Vascular Interventions
● Advanced Neuro-imaging: brain and spine structural and functional imaging