Neurology is a specialty in the field of medicine Concerned with study of the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention of disorder and diseases involving the nervous system, which comprises the brain, the spinal cord, muscles and the peripheral nerves Such as headache, stroke, seizures or epilepsy, peripheral neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, Guillain barre syndrome, Parkinson’s disease, Dementia, myasthenia graves and infections related to brain. Neurology as a stream of medicine is seeing an explosion of research and innovations contributing to better understanding of diseases, detection & preventive measures and new treatment modalities. A neurologist is a physician who specializes in this branch of medicine.
Dr Srinivas M is deeply motivated and passionate about Evidence based Neurology, interested in application of cutting edge technology in treatment of his patients and giving them the best possible evidence based care after bringing their values and goals in the centre stage of decision making.
He has an illustrious academic background with multiple merits and scholarships from his early education. Dr Srinivas M completed his Bachelors’ degree of MEDICINE from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. He then acquired his MD degree in Internal Medicine from Coimbatore Medical College, where he was trained in Broad specialty of Internal Medicine and posted in various sub specialties. He was inspired to take up DM Neurology for his Speciality training by eminent teacher and neurologist par excellence Dr (Capt) Govindarajan, which he completed from Tirunelveli Medical College, under the able guidance of Prof.Dr.S. Saravanan.
His clinical experience spans over 6 years in different positions at various institutions. Before joining sparsh hospitals he was working as Associate consultant in the Dept of Neurology at Apollo hospitals, Bannerghatta Road Bangalore. He as worked as Assistant Professor of Medicine at Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Consultant Physician at RNS HOSPITAL Uttara Kannada.
He has published multiple articles in National and international journals, presented papers and posters at NATIONAL AND international conferences.
- Tamil Telugu
- 1st Prize for Paper presentation at AMSCON-2021 Virtual Conference for the paper titled “Evaluation of Cognitive Functions in Early Diabetes mellitus patients by MOCA Test.”
- 2nd Prize in PG QUIZ in APICON 2012 held at Kolkata.
- Acute Stroke treatment and rehabilitation therapy.
Poster and Podium Presentations in Conferences:
- 11th Asia Pacific Stroke Conference Dec 2021 – “A Study of Gait & Balance in Patients with Age-Related White Matter Changes”
- AMSCON Dec 2021 – “Cognitive Assessment by MOCA test in Newly Detected Diabetes mellitus patients”
- TANCON 2021 – “Study of Sensory Abnormalities in Diabetics: A Comparison between DNSS and SNAP by electro-diagnostic study.”
- IANCON 2021 – “A study of cognitive function in Early Diabetics by MoCA test”
- APICON 2013 – “Gory Face of SLE – Rhowel syndrome: a rare presentation of SLE”
- Dr. Srinivas M was actively involved in academic programs, teaching, and clinical care in the field of neurology. He has extensive experience in managing various neurological emergencies.
- He has attended various Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs to stay updated in his field. He has actively participated in several national and international conferences, including those related to neurology and general medicine.