Gynecology (Obstetrics & Gynaec)
SPARSH hospital, Yeshwanthpur is a multispecialty hospital is fully equipped to care for women under one roof. Here we provide comprehensive care in pregnancy, gynaecology, infertility, gynaec oncology and conduct advanced surgeries.
Delivery and High risk pregnancy unit:
Care of pregnant women is comprehensive – preconception to post-delivery care.
At SPARSH, we care for all kinds of patients in all stages of pregnancy and labour.
A 24 hr pregnancy and labour unit managed by experienced specialists proficient in normal labour, instrumental deliveries and surgical delivery aids in the care and comfort of the mothers.
High risk pregnancy unit:
Special care for mothers with associations like diabetes, hypertension, other medical / endocrine illnesses, previous pregnancy losses etc., as we have an excellent team of physicians, cardiologists, endocrinologists and diabetologists for an integrated management.
As a major part of the obstetric population is suffering from the gestational diabetes we have a strong dedicated team inclusive of diabetic educator, nutritional specialist, and group of endocrinologist specialised to care of our pregnant women
Painless labour: Labour epidural analgesia, walking epidurals
Obstetric ultrasound services: To aid in an integrated approach for evaluation and management of pregnancies and gynaecological conditions.
Special pregnancy and postnatal care classes: In collaboration with physiotherapists, councillors, lactation consultants, Lamaze experts.
At SPARSH, a comprehensive approach is offered for all gynaec problems of all age groups.
Our special services in
- Paediatric gynaecology
- Adolescent gynaecology
- Infertility clinics with our infertility specialist, Dr. Anupama
- Menopausal clinics in collaboration with orthopaedicians and physicians
- Gynaec oncology services by our gynaec oncologist, Dr. Abhilasha Narayan
- Advanced surgeries offered at SPARSH:
- Gynaec endoscopy:
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy including TLH (removal of uterus laparoscopically), lap Myomectomy
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Vaginal surgeries: All vaginal surgeries including non-descent vaginal hysterectomy (removal of uterus through the vagina, without a scar on the abdomen)
- Surgeries for urinary incontinence
With increasing incidences of gynaec cancers, a well organised approach and management by a gynaec oncology specialist will give better results in gynaec cancer.
You have rare feature of – a dedicated gynaecologic oncology unit in the hospital run by a gynaecologist who is especially skilled in and offering comprehensive service in pre and post cancer surgery care, and palliative care. If you want the best care for a patient with gynaecologic cancer this is the place to come. ** see specific site (gynaecological oncology deals with care for women with cancer of the female reproductive tract.
Specialist: Dr. Abhilasha Narayan, MBBS, MS(OBG), DNB(OBG), Fellow in Gynaec Oncology
This centre is dedicated to diagnosing, treating every type and stage of cancer of women’s reproductive organs.
Patients initially treated and cared for by gynaecologic oncologists have better survival rates of those not treated by a cancer specialist.
Our goal is to deliver the most-advanced therapies while focusing on your quality of life.
Management of the gynaec cancers which include:
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Vulval cancer, vaginal cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
Services offered under GYNAEC ONCOLOGY include:
Preventive Gynaec Oncology
- Screening of cervical cancer-PAP smear, HPV DNA testing, cervical cancer vaccination
- Colposcopy, biopsies
- Treatment of pre-invasive lesions which have high probability of turning into cancerous lesions
Operative gynaec oncology
- Staging laparotomy for early ovarian/fallopian and endometrial cancers
- Cytoreductive surgeries for advanced ovarian/fallopian and endometrial cancers
- Modified radical hysterectomy for cervical cancer
- Modified radical vulvectomy with inguinal node dissection for vulval cancers
Being childless is a bane to most childless couples and their families. We have a specialist in taking care of infertile couple in the speciality clinics that run every day. Most important for the success of the treatment is strong lab, the department of andrology.
** see specific site Super speciality- Infertility
Doctor in charge of this – Dr. Anupama Ashok, M.B.B.S; M.S (OBG), Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Anupama is an infertility specialist with the necessary qualifications and experience needed to treat various causes of infertility. She completed her master’s degree in obstetrics and gynaecology from Bangalore medical college. She then went on to obtain her Fellowship in Reproductive medicine from Rajiv Gandhi University and has been practising infertility since then. With her knowledge, relevant clinical expertise and experience in the field, she hopes to make many a childless couple dream come true.
Facility: Infertility clinics
Infertility is defined as not being able to get pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex for at least a year for most people and six months in certain circumstances. Ten percent of the couple face this problem. Infertility can be due to single or multiple causes in one or both the partners. Fortunately, due to the advent of science, advanced technological support and its application by the right kind of experts, most of the causes can be ascertained and a safe and effective therapy can be instituted and directed towards the cause for overcoming infertility. These treatments significantly improve the chances of becoming pregnant. The correct counselling and guidance forms an integral part of any successful treatment program, which is provided here in a caring and compassionate environment. The treatments are all tailored to individual needs and advocated in a methodical, scientific and ethical manner for achieving optimal pregnancy rates.
- Counselling of the couple
- Evaluation of the couple
- Ovulation induction and cycle monitoring
- Ultrasound (Basic and advanced) pertaining to infertility
- PCOS clinics
- Evaluation of the tubes- HSG (hysterosalpingogram)/ laparoscopic evaluation
- Fertility preserving surgeries
- Intra u terine i nsemination
- IVF (in Vitro Fertilization) commonly called test tube baby clinic
- ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
- Embryo freezing and replacement (including blastocyst transfer)
- Oocyte donation
- ERA (Endometrial receptivity assay)
AFTERNOON SPECIAL CLINICS RUN AT SPARSH:
- Well women clinic: routine checks with pap smear
- Prenatal counselling clinic: For all couple contemplating parenthood, especially those with previous pregnancy and delivery problems (sessions for ladies who had previous difficult or traumatic labour experience and are scared to go ahead with the next pregnancy. Also, some ladies may need to be counselled regarding precautions needed before planning next pregnancy like with those who had previous pregnancy with anomalies)
- Menopause clinic
- Infertility clinic
- Gynaec Oncology clinic: Colposcopy, o ffice hysteroscopy, p ipelle biopsy, PAP smear. HPV DNA testing, c ervical cancer v accination
- Postnatal clinic: For mother's and infant's follow up including contraception and vaccination
- Lamaze classes
- Lactation classes
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Dr. Shweta Gupta
MB BS, DGO, MRCOG (UK)
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Shweta Gupta has done her MBBS from Kar...
Dr. Poornima Ramesh
MD (Ob & G), D.N.B (Ob & G)
Senior Consultant-Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Special Interest: High Risk Pregn...
Dr. Padmalatha V V
MBBS, DNB (OBG)
Consultant obstetrics and Gynaec
Qualification: MBBS, DNB (OBG), trained in Gynaec e...